Rohit sharma has been selected as the captain of Team of the Tournament of ICC Men Cricket World Cup 2023.
Best of the best 😍
Revealing the official CWC23 Team of the Tournament 👇https://t.co/WBmJnsdZ0e
— ICC (@ICC) November 20, 2023
As many as six player from India two each from Australia and South Africa and one each New Zealand and Sri Lanka.
Australia captain Pat Cummins, who lifted the trophy at the Narendra Modi Stadium, missed out.
View this post on Instagram
Players from 5 teams out of the 10 that featured in the World Cup were picked in the Team of the Tournament with no one from Pakistan, Afghanistan, England, Netherlands and Bangladesh making it.
ICC Team of the Tournament;
1. Quinton de kock, South Africa (594 runs)
2. Rohit Sharma, India (597 runs)
3. Virat Kohli India (765 runs)
4. Daryl Mitchell, New Zealand (552 runs)
5. KL Rahul, India (452 runs)
6.Glenn Maxwell, Australia (400 runs, 6 wicket)
7. Ravindra Jadeja, India (120 runs, 16 wickets)
8. Jasprit Bumrah, India(20 wickets)
9. Dilshan Madushanka, Sri Lanka (21 wickets)
10. Adam Zampa, Australia (23 wickets)
11. Mohammed Shami, India (24 wickets)
12th player Gerald Coetzee, South Africa (20 wickets).