On Day-4 of ‘Fortnight for development’, Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma laid foundation stones for 12 new projects in Morigaon district worth ₹910.13 cr.
These ‘Fortnight for development’, Projects of Assam are:
- 430-bed Morigaon Medical College & Hospital with 100 MBBS seats; Cost: ₹647.37 cr.
- Mini-stadium at Jagiroad with a football field, 1,000-seat pavilion &gallery, floodlights; Cost: ₹13.09 cr.
- Mini-stadium at Manipur with an indoor stadium, football field, 1,000-seat pavilion &gallery; Cost: ₹12.66 cr.
- Upgrade of Morigaon Polytechnic into Centre of Excellence; Cost: ₹503.64 cr
- Upgrade of Banpara ITI into Centre of Excellence; Cost: ₹503.64 crThe
- 14.70-km road from Basundhara Pahar to Kalong-Kapili junction over embankment; Cost: ₹2496.87 cr
- Anti-erosion project at Murkata under Mayong Revenue Circle; Cost: ₹9.83 cr
- Anti-erosion project in Pabhokati/Garubandha area; Cost: ₹35.18 cr
- Anti-erosion project & embankment at Moamari; Cost: ₹37.54
A ‘Fortnight for Development’ (বিকাশৰ বাবে এটা পষেক) programme has begun on 5th December with the laying down and auspicious inauguration of infrastructure projects covering 11 districts of the state in an effort to achieve the goal of people’s welfare and overall development of the state. The programme began on Monday at Bongaigaon College on the first day of the programme. On this auspicious occasion, Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma welcomed the college’s teachers and students.
Assam CM also announced a slew of development projects, including a 200-bed hospital & medical college (₹ 610-cr) and an Integrated DC Office (₹50-cr), for the Bongaigaon district.
Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma announced on Tuesday that a ‘Development Fortnight’ will be observed from December 5 to 18, during which several development projects will be launched across the state.
This was one of several announcements made by the Assam Chief Minister during his media address in Silchar at the office of the Deputy Commissioner of Cachar district.
According to CM Sarma, the fortnight will begin with the start of construction work on a medical college in Bongaigaon. The project will cost Rs 1,000 crores to build.
Assam cabinet has approved a cash benefit of Rs. 700 through DBT to pregnant women to cover transportation costs from public health facilities to home under Janani Sishu Suraksha Karyakram (JSSK) after getting discharged from the hospital.
Assam Cabinet Decisions:
1. Targeted beneficiaries to include all pregnant women who avail of institutional delivery at public health facilities
2. In addition to benefits under the Janani Suraksha Yojana, beneficiaries are to receive 2,100 (for rural areas) and 1,700 (for urban areas) at the time of leaving the hospital as additional financial relief.
Following the meeting, Assam CM Sarma told the media, “The government will provide jobs to the family members of police personnel killed in the line of duty since 1985.” It will benefit over 400 martyr families.”
In terms of development initiatives, CM Sarma stated, “A total of 162 new police stations will be built across Assam at a cost of Rs 523 crores.” Palasbari will get a cutting-edge police station. “Police personnel will have quarters on the upper floor of the police station.”