Dhanteras 2022 will be celebrated on 23 October. Dhanteras marks the beginning of the 5-day long Diwali festivities, which include everything from purchasing exquisite jewellery to decorating the home with diyas. This year’s Dhanteras and Diwali celebrations will be especially memorable. This Dhanteras, for the first time in 27 years, a special coincidence will occur, allowing people to shop for not one, but two days.
Also Read: Dhanteras 2022: Date, Time, Shubh Muhurat, Puja Vidhi, and Significance
It is a good time to buy gold and other jewellery because these metals bring good fortune. As Diwali approaches, everyone is eager to bring home all of the Diwali decorations, sweets, gifts, and gold jewellery. People are stocking up on last-minute gifts and other items with GOLD at the top of their shopping lists. Diwali is a five-day festival that begins with Dhanteras, also known as the Dhanvantri Triodashi.
This year, the festival of lights, Diwali will be celebrated on October 24th, 2022.
Know when is Dhanteras, Govardhan Puja and Bhai Dooj: https://t.co/oh47lu73MX#Diwali2022 pic.twitter.com/W8lkPlsiF8
— editorji (@editorji) October 19, 2022
Goddess Lakshmi, Lord Dhanvantari, and Dhan Kuber are worshipped on this auspicious Dhanteras day. This brings money into the house. This day is associated with wealth and prosperity.
Dhanteras 2022: 5 Things To Do While Buying Gold
1. Purchase only hallmarked jewellery: Purchasing only hallmarked jewellery is critical for ensuring quality. The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) hallmark guarantees gold purity. A piece of hallmarked jewellery guarantees the metal’s purity.
2. Inquire about making charges discounts: The shops charge making charges for the labour spent on making the jewellery. Machine-made jewellery will be less expensive than hand-made jewellery. Remember to check out the jewellery store’s specials and request a reduction in the making charges.
3. Purchase only from reputable sellers: Before purchasing any jewellery, it is critical to verify the seller’s and the gold item’s authenticity. A machine available at a jewellery store can be used to test the purity of gold. During Dhanteras, there are many black market vendors selling impure gold (mixed with other less precious metals), so only buy gold from reputable sellers.
4. Evaluate the weight: Most gold is sold by weight. Stones such as diamonds, rubies, and emeralds increase their weight. The weight of the gold should not be confused with the weight of the entire piece of jewellery.
5. Buy-back policy: Check the policy of the specific jewellery store, such as whether or not they have a buy-back policy in place. When purchasing used jewellery, some jewellery stores deduct a set amount to cover costs based on current gold prices. Do not buy gold items in haste; always check the buy-back policy before making the purchase.