Meghalaya: On 18 December Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated, dedicated, and laid the groundwork for projects worth over Rs 6,800 crore in the northeast.
Housing, road, agriculture, telecom, IT, tourism, and hospitality are among the sectors covered by the projects.
— Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (@MIB_India) December 18, 2022
PM Modi attended the Northeastern Council’s golden jubilee celebration and meeting in Shillong. In Agartala, he will also launch the ‘Grih Pravesh’ program for over two lakh beneficiaries under the ‘Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana’ or PMAY – urban and rural – schemes.
Following the recent elections in Gujarat, the BJP is shifting its focus to poll-bound Tripura and Meghalaya.
Both Tripura and Meghalaya will hold elections in the next two months, which are seen as crucial for the BJP.
Prime Minister @narendramodi dedicates to the nation:
▪️ 4G mobile towers, of which more than 320 have been completed and around 890 are under construction.
▪️ PM inaugurates New Campus of IIM Shillong at Umsawli. He also inaugurated Shillong – Diengpasoh Road.. pic.twitter.com/gEeF3hJhs7
— All India Radio News (@airnewsalerts) December 18, 2022
Prime Minister Narendra Modi attends the golden jubilee celebrations of the North Eastern Council, in Shillong, Meghalaya Union Home Minister Amit Shah , Chief Ministers of the northeastern states and others also took part in the event.
— DD News (@DDNewslive) December 18, 2022
The Prime Minister would then travel to Tripura, where he would address a public gathering at the Swami Vivekananda ground in Agartala, inaugurate some projects, and lay foundation stones for others.
Projects In Meghalaya
1. In order to improve regional telecom connectivity, the Prime Minister will dedicate 4G mobile towers to the nation.
2. He will officially open the New Campus of IIM Shillong in Umsawli.
3. He will open the Shillong-Diengpasoh Road, which will improve connectivity to the new Shillong satellite township and help to decongest Shillong.
4. The Prime Minister will also dedicate four other road projects in three states: Meghalaya, Manipur, and Arunachal Pradesh.
5. He will dedicate to the nation the Spawn Laboratory at the Mushroom Development Center in Meghalaya.
6. In addition, he will open 21 Hindi libraries in Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura, and Assam.
7. The Prime Minister will lay the groundwork for six road projects in Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, and Tripura.
8. In addition, he will lay the groundwork for the Tura Integrated Hospitality and Convention Centre and Shillong Technology Park Phase II. The built-up area of the Technology Park Phase II will be approximately 1.5 lakh square feet.
Modi will unveil projects worth over Rs 4,350 crores in Tripura. According to the PMO, Modi has prioritized ensuring that everyone has their own home. In order to accomplish this, he will launch the ‘Grih Pravesh’ program. These houses, built at a cost of over Rs 3,400 crores, will benefit over two lakh people.
The prime minister will inaugurate a project to widen the Agartala bypass (Khayerpur-Amtali) NH-08, which will help ease traffic congestion in Agartala city, with a focus on improving road connectivity, according to the statement. He will also lay the groundwork for 32 roads totaling more than 230 kilometres in length as part of the PMGSY III (Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana), as well as improve 112 roads totaling more than 540 kilometres.