Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma virtually launched Orunodoi 2.0 From Delhi to take forward the commitment to providing economic & nutritional security to women through this transformative program. Under this, 10.50 lakh new beneficiaries will receive financial aid as part of Govt support for the needy.
Assam’s government is becoming a boon to the state’s poor and women. Assam’s government is launching a slew of welfare programs for farmers, women, and children. By launching the Orunodoi 2.0 Scheme, the Assam government has taken an ambitious and historic step toward socioeconomic empowerment. The Assam Chief Minister, Shri Hemanta Biswa, launched the Orunodoi 2.0 Scheme.
The Assam government will launch the Assam Orunodoi Scheme on December 1, 2020. In Assam, the Orunodoi Scheme will provide beneficiaries with Rs 830 per month to spend on necessities such as medicines, pulses, sugar, and so on. Rs 400 will be provided to purchase medicines, Rs 200 will be provided to purchase 4 kilograms of pulses, Rs 80 will be provided to purchase sugar, and Rs 150 will be provided to purchase fruit origin.
Taking forward our commitment to providing economic & nutritional security to women by this transformative program glad to have launched Orunodoi 2.0 virtually today from Delhi.
Under this, 10.50 lakh new beneficiaries will receive financial aid as part of Govt support to needy. pic.twitter.com/FYKUpxo8mU
— Himanta Biswa Sarma (@himantabiswa) December 14, 2022
Assam Cabinet Key Decisions:
1. The Orunodoi scheme will enrol 10,57,516 beneficiaries by March 31, 2022. Currently, 17 lakh people are enrolled in Orunodoi. With the new addition, the state’s total number of Orunodoi beneficiaries will be 27,77,000. The new process of Orundoi beneficiary inclusion will begin in January 2022. Orunodoi’s annual budget will rise to 4,000 cr.
Launched Orunodoi Month which will continue till Sept 20. Existing beneficiaries’ list will be purified through surveys to be conducted by members of voluntary organisations like NCC & NSS during this period. From Oct 10, beneficiaries will receive ₹1,250. pic.twitter.com/VUDusbgghQ
— Himanta Biswa Sarma (@himantabiswa) August 20, 2022
2. Beneficiaries of the Indira Miri Widow Pension Scheme, who received a monthly pension of Rs.250, will be enrolled in Orunodoi and will now receive Rs.1,200 per month.
3. Beneficiaries of the Deen Dayal Dibyangan Jan Pension will also be eligible for the Orunodoi scheme.
4. A total of 312 revenue-related proposals that had been pending for a long time were approved. Rampur Bagan LP School had a proposal that had been pending for 34 years. This proposal was also approved today. Similarly, many revenue-related proposals were approved in today’s cabinet meeting.
5. Three new flyovers for the city of Guwahati have been approved. These are located near Downtown Hospital, Fatasil, and Kumarpara-Fatashil. Our goal is to make Guwahati traffic-free.
6. A new road connecting the Guwahati Airport terminal to Azara.
7. A new development process has been initiated. The commissioning of projects sanctioned in previous cabinets totaling Rs.15,000 crore will begin on January 5.
8. In response to the ragging incident at Dibrugarh University, the Chief Minister stated that the university administration failed to act strictly as they should have. The Cabinet has expressed its displeasure with how Dibrugarh University has handled such serious offences. “We will have zero tolerance for ragging in any college or university in the state,” the CM declared.