34 C
Guwahati
Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Ph.D. Offered By EdTech Firms Not Recognized: UGC & AICTE

Must Read

Batori24 Bureau
Batori24 Bureau
Batori24 is a Vernacular based Assamese news portal based in Guwahati Assam. We are a dedicated news channel covering news and stories across the globe with special reference to Assam, north-east along with National and International news.

Ph.D. Offered By EdTech Firms Not Recognized: The University Grants Commission (UGC) and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) have announced that online Ph.D. programmes offered by EdTech companies in collaboration with foreign educational institutions are not recognised, according to news agency PTI.

According to the public notice issued by UGC and the All India Council of Technical Education, AICTE, the commission will not recognise online PhD programmes offered by EduTech platforms. In order for a PhD degree to be recognised in India, the regulations and structure of the programme must comply with UGC regulations.

Also Read: Delhi Becomes 2nd Most Polluted City After Lahore

The statement was also shared by the official Twitter account of the Department of Higher Education’s statutory body. “The UGC warns students and the general public not to be misled by advertisements for online Ph.D. programmes offered by EduTech Companies in collaboration with Foreign Educational Institutes. Please see the attached public notice for more information “It used to tweet…

 

Earlier this year, the UGC and AICTE warned their recognised universities and institutions against collaborating with Ed-tech companies to offer distance learning and online courses, stating that no “franchise” agreement is permissible under norms.

In March 2022, the commission proposed amendments to the UGC regulations 2016 and suggested that 60 percent of PhD admissions will be filled by students who have cleared the UGC NET Exam or the UGC NET JRF exam, with the remaining 40 percent filled through the respective universities’ entrance exams.

 


Students and the general public are advised not to be misled by advertisements for online Ph.D. programmes offered by EdTech companies in collaboration with foreign educational institutions, according to the statement.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Bhupen Borah heads to Jorhat, to face police Inquiry amid Political turmoil

Police in Jorhat have summoned Assam Congress chairman Bhupen Borah to appear before them on January 31 in relation to a case involving the Bharat Jodo Nyay Yatra, which is suspected of deviating from its approved route in the district.
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -