18 C
Guwahati
Saturday, February 24, 2024

Assam: PM Modi to launch projects worth Rs 8,500 crore in Assam

Must Read

Batori24 Bureau
Batori24 Bureau
Batori24 is a Vernacular based Assamese news portal based in Guwahati Assam. We are a dedicated news channel covering news and stories across the globe with special reference to Assam, north-east along with National and International news.

Assam: On April 14th, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch projects worth Rs 8,500 crore in Assam. He will lay the foundation stone for AIIMS, Nagaon, Nalbari, and Kokrajhar medical colleges, as well as an ethanol plant in Namrup. Palasbari-Bridge of Sualkuchi

Sarma told a press conference here that Modi will be in Guwahati for a day to officially off a variety of initiatives in both real and virtual modes.

“He will arrive in Guwahati at 11:30 a.m. and take a helicopter to IIT Guwahati.” From there, he will travel to the new AIIMS and inaugurate it. “Around 85 percent of the construction of AIIMS has been completed, and the remainder will be completed in due course,” he added.

Also Read: Rahul Gandhi’s Puzzle: Links Former Congress Leaders with Adani

The AIIMS is being built by the Centre at a cost of Rs 1,123 crore and will have a 750-bed hospital as well as 100 MBBS seats.

According to Sarma, Modi would also electronically inaugurate three medical colleges built by the state government from the AIIMS campus in Nalbari (Rs 615 crore), Nagaon (Rs 560 crore), and Kokrajhar (Rs 535 crore).

“Each of these hospitals will have 500 beds and 100 MBBS seats.” The Prime Minister will also lay the groundwork for a research hospital on the IIT Guwahati campus, which would be created collaboratively by IIT Guwahati and the Assam government, with an initial investment of Rs 600 crore,” he added.

Then, according to the chief minister, Modi will virtually issue health cards to 1.1 crore individuals, who will receive a health cover of Rs 5 lakh each year.

The prime minister will go from the IIT Guwahati campus to Khanapara and then to Srimanta Sankardeva Kalakshetra to address the closing ceremony of the Gauhati High Court’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations, he added.

“After that, he’ll spend about 30 minutes at Koinadhora State Guest House.” “At 4:45 p.m., the Prime Minister will arrive at the Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium and virtually inaugurate three projects,” Sarma added.

The first is a Rs 1,709 crore methanol facility built by Assam Petro-chemicals Ltd (APL) in Namrup, Dibrugarh, with a capacity of 500 tonnes per day (TPD).

“The Assam government owns 51% of the plant, while Oil India owns the remaining 49%.” APL would be able to sell methanol to other states as well as export to surrounding countries once it is operational, according to Sarma.

Modi’s second project will be the Rs 100-crore beautification of the Rang Ghar, he added, adding that “we have already acquired the land for this purpose.”

King Pramatta Singha constructed the ‘Rang Ghar,’ an amphitheatre. This two-story oval-shaped pavilion in Sivasagar is Asia’s largest of its sort.

“The Palasbari-Sualkuchi bridge over the Brahmaputra will be the PM’s third and largest project.” “He will lay the foundation stone for the bridge, which will cost Rs 3,197 crore to build over the next 3-4 years,” Sarma said.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Bhupen Borah heads to Jorhat, to face police Inquiry amid Political turmoil

Police in Jorhat have summoned Assam Congress chairman Bhupen Borah to appear before them on January 31 in relation to a case involving the Bharat Jodo Nyay Yatra, which is suspected of deviating from its approved route in the district.
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -