A total of 21 researchers and faculty members from the Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, including Director T.G. Sitharam, have been named to Stanford University’s list of the world’s top 2% scientists, the institution announced on Wednesday.
Professor Sitharam and 20 other faculty members were ranked in the list based on their research publication citations using all Scopus author profiles as of September 1, as well as their lifetime contribution to their specific fields of research.
To all of our new and returning students and faculty: Welcome to Stanford and the start of the 2022/23 academic year!🌲
📸: Andrew Brodhead pic.twitter.com/vBTnySj8VB
— Stanford University (@Stanford) September 19, 2022
There are 22 scientific fields and 176 sub-fields for scientists. The top 1 lakh scientists by c-score (with and without self-citations) or a percentile rank of 2% or higher in the sub-field are chosen.
Also read: Assam Youth Inducted Into The NYPD: Cleared Police Examination
The career-long database contains 1,95,605 scientists, while the single recent year dataset contains 2,00,409 scientists. This version (4) is based on the Scopus September 1 snapshot, which has been updated to the end of the citation year 2021.
Happy to be in the top 2%
Stanford University has recently published an update of the list of the top 2% most widely cited scientists in different disciplines, the World’s Top 2% Scientists.
Source: https://t.co/H11hk5kUDb pic.twitter.com/585hRoNO7L
— Pattanathu Rahman (@DrPat_Rahman) October 12, 2022
The Director congratulated faculty members on their scientific contributions, saying: “This recognition of several faculty members among the world’s top 2% of scientists has put IIT Guwahati on the map of science and brought great pride to the institute. I congratulate all 21 scientists on their hard work and dedication to science.”
The Stanford University list includes faculty members from IIT Guwahati’s Departments of Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Biosciences and Bioengineering, Chemistry, Electrical, and Electronics.
These faculty members include –
1. Prof TG Sitharam, Director, IIT Guwahati
2. Prof Vijay S Moholkar, Department of Chemical Engineering
3. Prof PK Giri, Department of Physics and Center for Nanotechnology
4. Prof Mihir Kumar Pulkit, Department of Chemical Engineering
5. Prof Tharmalingam Punniyamurthy, Department of Chemistry
6. Prof M. Groll, Visiting Professor
7. Prof Biman B. Mandal, Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering,
8. Prof Kaustubha Mohanty, Department of Chemical Engineering
9. Prof Somanath Majhi, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
10. Prof Amarendra K. Sarma, Department of Physics
11. Prof Jubaraj Bikash Baruah, Department of Chemistry
12. Prof Rakhesh Singh Kshetrimayum, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
13. Prof Rajiv Tiwari, Department of Mechanical Engineering
14. Prof Debabrata Chakraborty, Department of Mechanical Engineering
15. Prof Vaibhav V. Goud, Department of Chemical Engineering
16. Prof Ujjwal K. Saha, Department of Mechanical Engineering
17. Prof P. Muthukumar, Department of Mechanical Engineering
18. Dr Lalit M Pandey, Associate Professor, Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering
19. Dr Sanjib Ganguly, Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering